In an age of nameless mass production we’ve chosen a different path.
We’re a specialty shop primarily focusing on serving clients like you who want custom inset cabinets throughout their home.
On some projects we also make custom furniture, reclaimed wood tables and reclaimed wood flooring.
And we’re also crazy enough to take on projects that look like fun because they’re a challenge.
Most years we take on less than a dozen projects. It’s how we like it.
Each client we work with, we work with directly. Just you and us.
You can’t buy Wesley Ellen cabinets anywhere else. There are no middlemen. You aren’t paying for a dealer’s commission.
We prefer collaborative design with our clients whether you are an hour away or across the country.
We offer no solutions until we understand your needs as fully as possible.
The back-and-forth design process is crucial to getting it right and making it sing! When you feel we’ve nailed it, we start building.
Each cabinet is hand-made for a specific function, form and place in your home.
What You Get As Standard Features
Our standard cabinets are square inset face frame cabinets with concealed adjustable Blum hinges and 4″ high toe-kicks.
Each comes standard with solid maple dovetailed drawer boxes and full extension, concealed, soft-closing drawer slides and hinges.
The cabinet cases are all made with ¾” thick North American maple plywood with a clear finish. We do not use any particleboard.
Standard face frame parts are 1-5/8″ and 2-1/4″ wide.
If painted, the face frames and doors are made of eastern maple. Our standard paint finishes are solid color environmentally-friendly water-based paints with a satin finish.
Color-matching your favorite paint company color is included. We can even color match wall paper.
If stained, cabinets are made of the wood species of the client’s choice; white oak, douglas fir, walnut, alder etc…you decide.
Interiors have a clear lacquer finish, unless if they have glass or mesh doors or are open cabinets. In these cases, the interior is finished to match the exterior.
Standard visible end panels, also called end gables or side panels, are finished flat panels (see options below)
Options You Can Choose
- Face frame cabinets are available as standard square inset or beaded inset
- In place of concealed adjustable hinges you can choose exposed barrel hinges
- Stile and rail widths can be customized to suit overall design
- Visible end panels are available as:
- flat panels
- matching door panels or
- matching door panels set into face frames
- Toe-kicks are available as:
- standard 4″ high toe-kicks
- extended face frame legs to the floor with either a tapered or straight leg
- a flat face without any setback recess for toes
- a furniture-style decorative base either molded or flat with a recess for toes
- Paint finish options include:
- a solid color, color-matching your favorite paint company color
- a hand-brushed finish over a solid color that has been sprayed on
- milk-paint finishes in single colors or multi-layered multi-colored worn-thru finishes